Hoping that more people will be able to help this year, the annual Church ‘Big Clean’ will take place over various sessions through August.
- Saturday 4th August, 9am to 12noon
- Tuesday 7th August, 9am to 12noon
- Thursday 16th August, 1.30 to 4.30pm
- Monday 20th August, 1.30 to 4.30pm
- Friday 31st August, 9am-12noon (if needed)
Please note the dates and come and help if/when you can. Drinks and snacks will be provided!
Thanks, Ken (Property Steward)
We are planning a trip to the REBOOT youth conference in London on 22nd September (for 12ish-18 year olds). It should be great! Let Mary or Ross know if you are interested (we would like to book soon for cheaper transport).
“REBOOT provides a place for young people, with or without any faith or church background, to raise their objections and investigate the Christian faith. This is a chance for you to be honest about your doubts, and to ask your big questions about God, faith and life. No question is off limits!”
‘I have loved you with and everlasting love’:
Tuesday 17th July, 7.00pm – 8:30pm
At Northstead Methodist Church.
Thursday 19th July, 2.00pm – 3.30pm
At Snainton Methodist Church.
‘God in all things’:
Wednesday 25th July, 7.00pm – 8:30pm
At Queens Street Methodist Church.
Saturday 28th July, 10.00am – 1.00pm
At Fylingthorpe Methodist Church.
We meet to pray in Celtic style each month. Our July meetings are dedicated to praying specifically for the Church in Burniston, all that it is and can be. On Thursday 19th July we will be meeting at 1pm to:
- Make Bridgid crosses which will be prayers in themselves and left in each area of our building.
- Pray blessings on each area in our building and especially upon the people and groups who meet here and the ongoing activities.
- Pray blessings upon the people, businesses and services in our neighbourhood
If you can join us, you will be most welcome.
– The cracked pots prayer group (talk to Clare for more details)
Saturday 7th July, 8.30am-10.30am
There will be a wide choice of delicious food including porridge, bacon or sausage butties, cereals, toast, yoghurt, fruit and including some gluten free and vegetarian options.
Come along and support the launch of a new partnership project for Scarborough Christian Aid which will enhance the learning opportunities for young people in Ghana.