This is an update to let you know that the Stewards have agreed to continue to open the Church building for services in the new year (for limited numbers in a Covid safe way). As with our first service before Christmas, those wishing to attend any future Sunday services will need to book by 7pm the Wednesday beforehand. We will continue to live-stream video of all services for those unable to attend in person.
Keeping the church building open for services will be subject to all Government guidance and the guidance of the Methodist Church. Currently the Methodist District and Circuit have recommended that Churches close in Tier 3 areas, so a change in Tier for our area might prompt us to close again, however we are in dialogue with the Circuit and District about how any changes might affect us.
Our next service is at 11.00am on Sunday 3rd January 2010. We hope you can join us, either online or in person.
Please book today if you would like to attend our next service in person:
- Ring our booking secretary Gwen Hawes on 01723 870166
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
While we are very limited in what we can do, we will try and keep services short and family-friendly. Families will be seated at tables, with activity sheets for any children.
Please keep in mind the following requirements for those attending services (those over 70 and other clinically vulnerable groups are advised not to attend):
- Anyone displaying any symptoms of COVID or who has been in contact with anyone displaying symptoms should not attend.
- Facemasks are required for adults and children over 11 years.
- Social distancing of 2m at all times (except from same household).
- Children should remain with a parent or guardian at all times
- Please follow instructions and markings for entry and exit of the building.
- The heating system does not provide ventilation and will not be switched on (so bring warm clothing).
- When the service ends, attendees must leave the building promptly. Formal or informal gatherings (including in the car park) are not permitted.
We realise that it is very frustrating to have all these restrictions, but we are determined to do the right things to keep everyone safe. Nevertheless, after a long and difficult year, we are thankful to have the opportunity to worship together again.