The church here in Burniston together with the North Yorkshire Coast Methodist Circuit are looking to appoint a Pastor for Discipleship & Evangelism. We pray that God would lead the right person into this role.
37 hours per week (16 + 21) – Salary starts at £12.99 per hour We are looking for someone to
- Support Burniston Methodist Church in delivering its mission policy and leading the church in discipleship and evangelism, enabling the whole church to grow as disciples of Jesus and to make new disciples of Jesus. (16 hours per week)
- Support the Circuit Leadership Team by taking the lead in discipleship and evangelism, working in consultation with the Circuit and its churches to identify opportunities for new initiatives in discipleship and evangelism. (21 hours per week)
The employment pack and further information can be obtained from the North Yorkshire Coast Methodist Circuit Office. Email: email@example.com or Tel: 01723 355429
Application form to be submitted by 12 noon on Friday 2nd August 2019
Applications to be sent to Circuit Office, Westborough Methodist Church, Westborough, Scarborough, North Yorkshire, YO11 1TS or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be held week on Tuesday 20th August 2019 Appointment to begin on 1st September 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter
For our Sunday morning services the church has recently begun a Bible teaching series on the book of Colossians. We hope that each one will be encouraged in their faith as we look at this book.
We hope to video the sermons each week and make them available on YouTube. So if you miss any you should be able to catch up.
- June 9th – Colossians 1:1-8
- June 16th – Colossians 1:9-14
- June 23rd – Colossians 1:15-23
- June 30th – Colossians 1:24-2:5
- July 7th – Colossians 2:6-15
- July 14th – Colossians 2:16-23
- July 21st – Colossians 3:1-17
- August 4th – Colossians 3:18-4:1
- August 11th – Colossians 4:2-6
- August 12th – Colossians 4:7-18
There will not be a S@8 service on Sunday 16 June. You are invited to attend the churches together in Scarborough service at St. Mary’s instead.
This Sunday is our Annual General Meeting. The 9.30am service will finish a little earlier than normal and we will have the open meeting from 10.30 to 11am. After that a slightly shorter 11am service will start a little late. There is a bring and share lunch after the 11am service to which all are welcome.